Halki is decorated around with beautiful beaches, many of them accessible by walking while others with boats. The five beaches that you can easily walk to are Pontamos, Ftenagia, Kania, Giali and Areta.
1) Pontamos is the only sandy beach that you can walk to starting from the harbor, Imborio, and you will be there in 10 minutes. The road is asphaltic. Above the beach there are restaurants, canteen and umbrellas for sunbathing. (Available access by bus)
2) Ftenagia is from the side of the hotel, behind the church of St. Catherine. Once arrived to the church walk down the rocks from the back side and you will see the beach. The beach is a little rocky beach with is on foot about 15 minutes. This beach is accessible by a car from the road with passes beneath the windmills, but is not asphaltic. There is a tavern and umbrellas for sunbathing. (Available access by bus)
3) The beach at Kania, located north of the center of the island, Imborio, close to the Aquaculture. It is accessibleon foot in about 25 minutes but you can go there on a vehicle as the road is asphaltic. The road starts from Imporio and turns right in the second alley after the school. There is a tavern and umbrellas for sunbathing. (Available access by bus)
4) At Giali beach, you will finda small and pebbled beach, on the south side of the island. The pebbles are white and large. To get there you will need to reach Chorio and then to continue walking down the road in front of the Village. On this beach there is nothing to provide you refreshments etc, so this is something you will need to arrange. This beach is accessible on foot, by car and by boat.
5) A beautiful beach is Trachia a double beach beyond the Pontamos beach. It is accessible only by boat. It is a piece of land that literally goes into the sea creating two beaches.